I had my galaxy s5 on ultra power saving mode. All of a sudden it stopped charging. I took it to different outlets and the it just shut off. The lightning bolt came on as if it was charging but then the screen would go black. It would come on again and go back to black. It just keeps going back and forth and my phone will not turn on at all. I've tried holding down the power button, home button, and volume button but all it did was turn my phone on for two seconds before going back to the flashing black and charging screen.
    04-17-2016 08:37 PM
    I had my galaxy s5 on ultra power saving mode. All of a sudden it stopped charging. I took it to different outlets and the it just shut off. The lightning bolt came on as if it was charging but then the screen would go black. It would come on again and go back to black. It just keeps going back and forth and my phone will not turn on at all. I've tried holding down the power button, home button, and volume button but all it did was turn my phone on for two seconds before going back to the flashing black and charging screen.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried pulling the battery out for a few minutes and then putting it back in? Also have you tried a different charger?
    tube517 likes this.
    04-22-2016 07:45 AM
    My Galaxy s5 was fully charged and on the charging cable. I come back 20 minutes later and its off. No light no anything. I tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't start up. I've tried everything from taking the battery out and putting it back in, to pressing the volume down or up while also pressing the power and home button, trying different charging cable or new outlet/ my computer. None of those things worked. I have a new battery coming in the mail so if that doesn't work then I guess I'll have to use the limited warranty as I've only had this phone since November of 2015 and it's only May 2016.
    05-14-2016 12:51 PM