Cannot update Samsung Galaxy Note 4 which was previously rooted

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought a used samsung galaxy Note 4 model SM-N910T, I was not aware that I was buying a rooted phone until I attempted to update the phone, a message popped up saying "The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading software updates using Samsung Kies on your PC, or visit a customer service center." I tried taking my phone into T-Mobile to see if they could someway update it in the store, but was told that they could not update the phone if it was previously rooted. Might I add that I have, or I believe I have, unrooted the phone through the use of the app Super that was present on the phone before I received it. I also installed the alternative updating software Samsung Kies but found that to be not as useful as I thought it would be, can anyone help me in this predicament I am in, any alternatives to samsung kies or any apk's I could download? If not, then I'll try and find a way to get Samsung Kies to work

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought a used samsung galaxy Note 4 model SM-N910T, I was not aware that I was buying a rooted phone until I attempted to update the phone, a message popped up saying "The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading software updates using Samsung Kies on your PC, or visit a customer service center." I tried taking my phone into T-Mobile to see if they could someway update it in the store, but was told that they could not update the phone if it was previously rooted. Might I add that I have, or I believe I have, unrooted the phone through the use of the app Super that was present on the phone before I received it. I also installed the alternative updating software Samsung Kies but found that to be not as useful as I thought it would be, can anyone help me in this predicament I am in, any alternatives to samsung kies or any apk's I could download? If not, then I'll try and find a way to get Samsung Kies to work

Welcome to Android Central!

Give this guide below a try, it should do what you need. Follow the instructions to a T and it should download the latest firmware and update the phone for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae