I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0.

Recently it has started telling me it is running out of device storage. It is a 16G phone and I have a 64G SD card in it so I was surprised by that. Many of my apps had switched back to device storage without me realizing, but won't let me move them back to the SD card.

Is there any way to work around this? I've already gotten rid of some apps but everything else I do actually use, even if it's just occasionally. My photos are backed up to the SD card and I don't have a lot of music on my phone (just a few playlists). It's now gotten to the point where the phone shuts down and deletes settings because it doesn't have room to run.

What do I do?
    04-17-2016 10:29 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0.

Recently it has started telling me it is running out of device storage. It is a 16G phone and I have a 64G SD card in it so I was surprised by that. Many of my apps had switched back to device storage without me realizing, but won't let me move them back to the SD card.

Is there any way to work around this? I've already gotten rid of some apps but everything else I do actually use, even if it's just occasionally. My photos are backed up to the SD card and I don't have a lot of music on my phone (just a few playlists). It's now gotten to the point where the phone shuts down and deletes settings because it doesn't have room to run.

What do I do?
    Welcome to Android Central!

You can try going in to your settings, storage, and there should be an option to clear the cache. That may not be a lot but it should free up some space. I would do a back up of my SD card then format it and then see if it will let you move apps over.
    04-22-2016 08:16 AM