When I click on the wifi icon on the pull down menu, my phone usually connects to whatever network I have saved.

Starting last week, when I click on it to turn on the wifi, it will either (very seldom) connect without an issue, or attempt to connect and then just turn off the wifi again.
    If I open up the settings and attempt to turn on wifi that way, it will just say Error. It will usually say Connected or Not Connected.

I haven't installed any new apps in over a month.
    I googled it and tried a few fixes:

-Turn off and back on.
    -Download Wi-fi Fixer app. (DL'ed, but all it seems to do is show the status of the wifi, not actually do anything.)
    -Dial *#*#526#*#* to reload the driver (when I put in the final asterisk, it closes the dial screen but nothing happens. It should say something down the lines of "Driver loaded successfully")

Not sure what to do next besides factory reset.

My phone is an HTC E9+ Dual SIM running Android 5.0.2. It is un-rooted, however I have no problem with rooting if it will fix this issue. I'm a bit reluctant to factory reset, as I can't connect to the internet (wifi is broken, I don't have 3G) so backup will be difficult.
    jishnusathish likes this.
    04-17-2016 11:10 PM
    When I click on the wifi icon on the pull down menu, my phone usually connects to whatever network I have saved.

Starting last week, when I click on it to turn on the wifi, it will either (very seldom) connect without an issue, or attempt to connect and then just turn off the wifi again.
    If I open up the settings and attempt to turn on wifi that way, it will just say Error. It will usually say Connected or Not Connected.

I haven't installed any new apps in over a month.
    I googled it and tried a few fixes:

-Turn off and back on.
    -Download Wi-fi Fixer app. (DL'ed, but all it seems to do is show the status of the wifi, not actually do anything.)
    -Dial *#*#526#*#* to reload the driver (when I put in the final asterisk, it closes the dial screen but nothing happens. It should say something down the lines of "Driver loaded successfully")

Not sure what to do next besides factory reset.

My phone is an HTC E9+ Dual SIM running Android 5.0.2. It is un-rooted, however I have no problem with rooting if it will fix this issue. I'm a bit reluctant to factory reset, as I can't connect to the internet (wifi is broken, I don't have 3G) so backup will be difficult.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try booting in to recovery and wiping the cache partition to see if that fixes it. The instructions below are for the M9 but should be the same for your E9+.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-20857
    04-22-2016 08:24 AM
    I'm also facing the same issue, how can i solve this?
    05-22-2016 07:13 AM
    Try the same way - wiping the cache partition.
    05-22-2016 11:52 AM