I dropped my phone a little while ago. When I picked it up, I noticed it was not charging. I checked the outlet and determined it was not the outlet, as my laptop is plugged into the same outlet. I checked the charger cord and adapter and narrowed it down to an internal problem in the phone's charging port. I do not know what to do and my phone is slowly dying. I decided to back everything on my device up just in case I have to get a new phone.
    I have dropped my device before, but it has never been affected. Could it have something to do with the fact that it was plugged into the charger when it was dropped?
    I have a new LG G4 Smartphone. I got it in January. Please help me out.
    04-18-2016 12:31 AM
    If it was plugged up to a charger when you dropped it, it makes it much more likely to damage the internal port.

Few options you have to try. First, you can try opening a warranty claim with LG but likely won't be covered do to it was dropped.

Try holding slight pressure at different angles to see if you can get it to start charging again. If you can, it could be a simple repair at a cell phone repair shop.

Take it to a cell phone repair shop and they can open it up and look to see what damage there is. Could be a somewhat simple fix.

If you have insurance, and non of the above helps, file a claim an get a replacement device.

Depending on your carrier, check to see if any local stores has a tech center, (Someone that repairs phones) before going another mobile repair place.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    04-18-2016 04:42 AM