hey everyone,
    a really annoying situation im dealing with the past hours,
    bought a brand new S7 edge device set up fingerprint and regular pin and it was great for a month.
    this morning when i woke up my android requested the pin instead of fingerprints (beacuas it has been resterted, maybe updated through the night) anyway I inout the pin, the correct one, i havent forget it, and the device didnt recognize it, i tried again and a few other times with diffrent variations even though i knew it wouldnt work eventually the device locked itself for 60 minutes, i searched online for a solution and through google device manager used the lock function and changed my password to a one i cant mess up by mistake 123456 the hour passed by i tried the new password, and again locked out for 60 minutes, waited again tried the previous original password again locked out...

is there any option for me beside reseting and deleting my device? (i got no backup)
    04-18-2016 05:31 AM
    Hi,

There is no other way, other than through ADM, as you've done. I'm afraid a factory reset is in order.

Here's a long shot,but won't hurt to try: Enter Recovery Mode and Do a wipe of the Cache Partition, and repeat the process through ADM.

Hope this helps!

Chris
    Hi,

There is no other way, other than through ADM, as you've done. I'm afraid a factory reset is in order.

Here's a long shot,but won't hurt to try: Enter Recovery Mode and Do a wipe of the Cache Partition, and repeat the process through ADM.

Hope this helps!

Chris
    04-18-2016 06:38 AM
    Hi,

Hope this helps!

Chris
    Hello I am having the same issue since yesterday morning (Friday morning) I also have only had this phone for a mont ,exact identical issue. I go to enter my email & password for my gmail account and it does not accept it. I have already did a factory reset as well as many other things . Verizon can't seem to have a solution to it , i have been reffered over to samsung and google i spoke with people . Pretty much no one wants to accept fault for this glitch so i am being transfered from here to there. Now i am day 2 with no access to my phone. What do you advise . SORRY to post on here but this is the closest I have came to a situation like this. THANK YOU .
    05-01-2016 12:42 AM
    The issue appears to be Google Account related, a factory reset, won't help Google Account Related issues. The only other suggestion would be, is to take your phone to a local Samsung counter, (I use best buy storea) and let them reflash your OEM software. This will eliminate your phone being the issue. If you still cannot get in to your google account during setup, then you'll need to get with Google.

Can you log into the google account by going here: https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...3D0&authuser=0

You have to make sure you're using the same google account that you did when you set up the phone. If you think its an older account you may have used, I've provide the link below for help.

https://support.google.com/accounts/.../6236295?hl=en

If none of this works,and you cannot access the google account you originally used, then you'll have to create a whole new account, and start over.

Chris
    05-01-2016 11:07 AM
    hey everyone,
    a really annoying situation im dealing with the past hours,
    bought a brand new S7 edge device set up fingerprint and regular pin and it was great for a month.
    this morning when i woke up my android requested the pin instead of fingerprints (beacuas it has been resterted, maybe updated through the night) anyway I inout the pin, the correct one, i havent forget it, and the device didnt recognize it, i tried again and a few other times with diffrent variations even though i knew it wouldnt work eventually the device locked itself for 60 minutes, i searched online for a solution and through google device manager used the lock function and changed my password to a one i cant mess up by mistake 123456 the hour passed by i tried the new password, and again locked out for 60 minutes, waited again tried the previous original password again locked out...

is there any option for me beside reseting and deleting my device? (i got no backup)
    Just to let you know, I had an extremely similar situation today: my lock screen pattern somehow switched on me. My phone was in my pocket the whole morning and all was working, and when I took it out and tried putting in my unlock pattern, it said I had the wrong one. Absurd. So I unlocked it with my fingerprint, and went into my security settings to seesee what's up. In order to get into the screen lock settings (not the fingerprint unlock settings), you need to enter your old pattern... which it wasn't recognizing, so I got locked out of those settings for 60 min. I was I'm a rush so decided to leave it, and call tech support at a later time.
    When I next tried unlocking my device a few minutes later, I subconsciously tried my pattern again, and now I was locked out of my entire phone for 60 min. I was expecting a really important important call so I had no time to wate, I called t-mobile for tech support. The woman told me to use Samsung Find My Mobile, which has various functions - one of them is that you can unlock your phone and remove all locks- if the setting is previously turned on in your phone.
    I used this method on my computer and got in. But when I locked my phone again, it still said 40 min left until I can try again. So I used Find My Mobile again. This happened a few times until finally it actually just started unlocking (the app deleted the security locks), before the 60 minutes were up.
    05-18-2016 12:47 AM