So on Friday I got my new S7 edge and I thought, fantastic, nice big battery, plenty of screen time... yeah that doesn't happen. Over the weekend I spend hours fiddling with things as the phone was losing 40-50% battery over night for no reason, even on air plane mode. I found out that was caused by WiFi and Bluetooth set to always searching which I disabled. So it no longer drains at night as it can now "Doze" and I thought, great, that should be it... again, no. I took it off charge at 5am this morning have used it lightly up until 8am and its already down to 66%. Android OS is taking up most of the battery life and its driving me nuts. I'm starting to think the phone is just a lemon. Is there anything else I can try or just send it back under warranty?
    04-18-2016 07:28 PM
    Hi and Welcome to AC!

It would be great if you would take a minute and register for the site and then post some screenshots of battery usage ( charge to 100%, drain to under 50%, then post the screen shots, and be sure to click on the top 3 or 4 apps or process that are at the top). This will help narrow things down.
    04-18-2016 08:09 PM
    It hasn't gone down to 50% yet but the second I pick the phone up it will drop start dropping battery badly. This was the battery yesterday after 2 hours of me searching for answers on the internet.I basically have EVERYTHING but mobile data turned off. I have turned it into a dumb phone which I shouldn't have to.The android OS is always at 30% or more of my battery usage. S7 Edge Battery Drain is Crazy!-screenshot_20160419-072400.jpg
    04-18-2016 08:21 PM
    It hasn't gone down to 50% yet but the second I pick the phone up it will drop start dropping battery badly. This was the battery yesterday after 2 hours of me searching for answers on the internet.I basically have EVERYTHING but mobile data turned off. I have turned it into a dumb phone which I shouldn't have to.The android OS is always at 30% or more of my battery usage. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160419-072400.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	225030
    Thanks for taking the time to register! Looks like the pic link is broken, or it is for me anyway. Would you mind posting it again?

Also, I'm trying to get this moved to the S7 Edge forum for more exposure.
    04-18-2016 08:32 PM
    S7 Edge Battery Drain is Crazy!-screenshot_20160419-072400.jpg
    Is it working now? And, thanks for doing that
    04-18-2016 08:36 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160419-072400.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	225032
    Is it working now? And, thanks for doing that
    Still showing as broken to me for some reason. Hmm.
    04-18-2016 09:00 PM
    Let's see if this helps:

Edit...nope. Might be an error in the app. Can see the screenshot in the mobile web browser
    Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge Battery Drain is Crazy!-1461031513682.jpg  
    tourbound129 likes this.
    04-18-2016 09:05 PM
    Hello BMcrae1, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

The picture is still not showing, I'm using Tapatalk.

Now about your phone. I also have a GS7 edge and also see the Android OS using anywhere from 17%-32%. But I think that's normal since I've seen it on my previous phones too.

However, my battery lasts more. I'm a moderate to heavy user, I think.
    I have 2 yahoo mails, 3 Gmails and 2 Microsoft mails on this phone.
    Also have Facebook, Twitter, Tapatalk, Android Central app and Slack always on.
    There are a bunch of other apps but you get the picture.

I seriously recommend that you exchange that phone before your 14 days trial period ends, it might be a lemon.
    tourbound129 likes this.
    04-18-2016 09:06 PM
    I am using the web browser (no point using my phone at this point as i need it for after work) and I had the LG G3 before and I never had these problems, nor did the Android OS ever go over roughly 8% and even with the fried battery it still lasted longer than my brand new phone with a 3600mAh battery. I'm currently leaving the phone on my desk but the moment I pick it up and start playing around with apps and looking things up it just starts falling like crazy. I think I've so far turned off constant scan for wifi/bluetooth, google now, syncing, have most of my apps locked down for power saving, most push notification off, screen brightness on low and auto and yes it has been factory reset 3 times already and had the cache patition wiped twice. At this point I dont think I've missed anything so it may just be a lemon phone
    Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge Battery Drain is Crazy!-capture.png  
    04-18-2016 09:23 PM
    I am using the web browser (no point using my phone at this point as i need it for after work) and I had the LG G3 before and I never had these problems, nor did the Android OS ever go over roughly 8% and even with the fried battery it still lasted longer than my brand new phone with a 3600mAh battery. I'm currently leaving the phone on my desk but the moment I pick it up and start playing around with apps and looking things up it just starts falling like crazy. I think I've so far turned off constant scan for wifi/bluetooth, google now, syncing, have most of my apps locked down for power saving, most push notification off, screen brightness on low and auto and yes it has been factory reset 3 times already and had the cache patition wiped twice. At this point I dont think I've missed anything so it may just be a lemon phone
    If you are able to, exchanging it sounds like the best option. You shouldn't have to make that many concessions with your phone and still have bad battery life.
    04-18-2016 09:37 PM
    I think that is what I will have to do unfortunately, it has 2 year warranty with my plan provider anyway. Such a shame as I was really excited about the new phone and everyone raves about it but it just seems so problematic :/
    04-18-2016 09:45 PM
    I think that is what I will have to do unfortunately, it has 2 year warranty with my plan provider anyway. Such a shame as I was really excited about the new phone and everyone raves about it but it just seems so problematic :/
    What carrier are you using for this phone?
    Normally they give you a 14 days period where you can return (they might charge a restocking fee on this option) or exchange the phone, whatever the reason.

Don't let them try to use your 2 year warranty, because that most likely get you a refurbished phone instead of a brand spanking new one.

Sent From my Silver Titanium Galaxy S7 Edge
    04-19-2016 07:41 AM
    You can try rebooting into recovery, to clear the system cache. I'm not entirely sure if this is the same method, but worth a shot: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Follow the procedure for the S3.
    04-19-2016 08:46 AM