Headphone jack detects a headset when a rubber plug is put in

Raestloz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a phone accessory that uses the headphone jack, the plug is made of rubber so no electricity involved. Somehow, my Xiaomi Mi4i simply thinks it's a legit headphone plug and routes audio to headphone jack, where I can't hear them.

The same plug works on other devices such as a BlackBerry Z10, SONY PSVITA, and Samsung Galaxy Note, not sure what's wrong here.

Is there anything I can do to get audio to be routed to normal speakers? MIUI 7.2.3 here

Josh Fent

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Process of elimination:
Plugged in with normal headphones and phone turned on; simply turn off and back on plugged in the whole time.
If not working, flashlight and gentally with nothing metal or sharp edges pick out anything or a qtip (ear cleaning swab) pull cotton off to have just some left. Enough to fit but clean.
CHECK OTHER HEADPHONES WORK NORMALLY.
So if still not working make sure up to date with the OS and then be looking at backing up phone details. That's right master reset next to clear the OS as a potential cause. While phone wiped test again. With nothing on the phone and the "new rubber plug" works in other cellular phones then this phone has a potential hardware issue.
Also check with manufacturer company of both device and plug.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty