Spent hour and half between phone and remote access with Samsung and they could not fix it. I had already tried deleting the cache, tried to uninstall and reinstall the Samsung account and I have uninstalled majority of my apps as it was suggested that the apps were not "Marshmellow ready". Samsung tried what I had already done and nothing worked. I cannot back up my data and don't want to lose all my photos so haven't done a factory reset yet. The other suggestion from the Samsung person was to take it to Best Buy to the Samsung counter and tell them to "re-flash" it but she was not sure if they would have the software at the store yet to do that. I am frustrated and past my time to return the phone. Any suggestions?
    04-19-2016 12:09 PM
    Spent hour and half between phone and remote access with Samsung and they could not fix it. I had already tried deleting the cache, tried to uninstall and reinstall the Samsung account and I have uninstalled majority of my apps as it was suggested that the apps were not "Marshmellow ready". Samsung tried what I had already done and nothing worked. I cannot back up my data and don't want to lose all my photos so haven't done a factory reset yet. The other suggestion from the Samsung person was to take it to Best Buy to the Samsung counter and tell them to "re-flash" it but she was not sure if they would have the software at the store yet to do that. I am frustrated and past my time to return the phone. Any suggestions?
    Hello. Are you trying to backup photos to your Samsung account in the cloud or to a pc. If you have a pc install Samsung Smart Switch for pc (not the app), connect with usb cable to the pc, pull down the notification shade and change the usb connection options to MTP or PTP instead of charging only. Drag/copy your photos from the DCIM folder when you can see the device or a Portable Media device on Windows Explorer.

Or just open Google Photos app and have it save all your photos to Google. Also Dropbox, MS One Drive, Google Drive etc.

There are some temporary issues with Samsung's on Marshmallow afaik but that more relates to previous devices.

You should have Master Sync on on the notifications drop down and go to Settings - Accounts - Samsung and check all the boxes.

Better to rely on Google mostly though. The Samsung account is good for Samsung specific files, but Google is a safer bet.
    Settings - Accounts - Google, open for sync options.

If you had previously been using Samsung Kies on an older device, it may not work on the S7 as it is being replaced with the Smart Switch program.
    04-19-2016 01:02 PM