Saving music to my phone memory??

A

AC Question

I'm trying to create a picture slideshow on my Samsung S7. My problem is that I would like a certain song to be used in my slideshow. I purchased the song from Google play but because I can't or haven't figured it out ... get the song from Google play to my slideshow. I know this is because it's not actually saved to my phones memory. Is there a way to save the song to my phone from Google play and if not any other suggestions on how to downlaod 1 freaking song to my phone lol??? Thanks in advance!! :)

THE49thFinger

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Try this. Open Google Play Music>
Hit the tri-line in the top left corner>
Click music library>
Click the target song>
Now click the three vertical dots next to the song>
Click go to album>
Now you should see an arrow pointing downward with a line underneath it enclosed inside of a grey circle>
Click that and as long as you have wifi, it should download. Hope this helps.

P.S. It is a pain in the A** I know, but this is at least the only way I have found to do it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not really "a pain in the A**", it's due to copyright issues. All you're buying is the right to listen to the music on a single device. Allowing you to copy it to other places (even other folders on the same device) can allow you to violate the copyright. (I still want to know why almost every single public library in the US has copying machines - that allow patrons to violate copyright by copying whole books.)

THE49thFinger

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
It is a pain in the A** that you cannot just hit download but instead have to go through extra steps to get the same result. Since he/she legally owns the right to download the song and play this song using his/her google play account, the number of steps it takes to download the song onto his/her device DOES NOT make doing so any less legal nor would it breach any copyright laws. I don't think you even read my previous response!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It is a pain in the A** that you cannot just hit download but instead have to go through extra steps to get the same result. Since he/she legally owns the right to download the song and play this song using his/her google play account
Read 17 USC 106(6) again. He absolutely does not have the right to make copies except under "fair use" (and most fair use suits fail).

the number of steps it takes to download the song onto his/her device DOES NOT make doing so any less legal
No, just making a copy makes it illegal.

nor would it breach any copyright laws. I don't think you even read my previous response!
I did. I also have read 17 USC 106(6).

THE49thFinger

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Okay I see what you're saying, but the only thing I've done is explained how to do, is legally download the song onto his/her phone and told them nothing that is illegal. What they do beyond the initial download is none of my business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance