I just bought an Samsung Galaxy S5 and I am trying to enable private mode on it, everytime I try to enable it, it gives me the following message that "Failed to enable private mode try again" help
    04-19-2016 04:30 PM
    Hi

Look through the below thread, see if it applies?

"Failed to enable Private Mode. Try Aga… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 5
    04-19-2016 05:04 PM
    Hi

Look through the below thread, see if it applies?

"Failed to enable Private Mode. Try Aga… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 5
    Did read this thread, but nothing useful. I'm on lollipop 5.0, and can't switch from ART to Dalvik. Also tried restarting the phone still no luck
    04-19-2016 05:20 PM
    Read this thread, but not useful. I am currently on lollipop 5.0 and don't have the option to chosse between the runtime ART and Dalvik, as I have read somewherr that on lollipop there in only ART runtime and that dalvik has been removed. Also tried restarting the phone, but still no luck.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-19-2016 05:26 PM
    I remember, long ago i had the same issue, and I "thought" it was because i was rooted. Are you rooted? Exposed Installer, could be the culprit if you're rooted. If you have that, uninstall it and retest Private Mode.

If private mode is important, then I would suggest trying a Full Factory Reset. Use apps like Samsung Smart Switch (For PC & Mobile) and Helium. They work wonders for getting your right back to where you were before reset, hopefully minus the private photo issue.
    04-20-2016 09:50 AM
    No, I'm not rooted. I checked that before, when I first found the thread that you gave me to read. Then, I looked for the non-rooted solution and found out that it doesn't work anymore, because of the Lollipop 5.0.

I'll give it a full factory reset like you said, and let you know if it worked or not.

Thanks for the help, though.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-20-2016 10:49 AM
    Its VERY possible that it was rooted, and perhaps the previous owner selected the SU Un-Root option. Which does lock the root files back, but does still leave some files behind, thus the OS has been changed.

If it occurs after Factory Reset, you'll probably want to download the OEM software from SamMobile.com and and flash it with Odin.

Keep us posted!

Chris
    04-20-2016 10:55 AM