Hi everybody,

each time I save a contact I cannot later find it on people. I know they are saved coz if I type the number the name comes up on the screen, but I cannot access it as I don't know where the phone is saving them.

Appreciate if someone can help.

Cheers

G.
    04-20-2016 08:40 AM
    Welcome to the forums. The Contacts app may be default to show you Google contacts. Do you have an option in the contact menu to change where the contacts are from?
    Gabolino likes this.
    04-20-2016 08:46 AM
    Hey. Thanks for your reply.

I went to the app's drop down menu and followed this route:

Settings > Filter contacts > show only contacts with phone number

Now I can see a completely different list and those contacts I was missing seem to be there.

Looks like I wiped out a lot of people though (those with phone number attached I imagine)

But I kind of fixed so thanks for that!

Edit: by the way Im the same user than above but this time I had to log in to post, couldn't find a way to do so as a guest.

04-20-2016 09:01 AM
    Hey. Thanks for your reply.

I went to the app's drop down menu and followed this route:

Settings > Filter contacts > show only contacts with phone number

Now I can see a completely different list and those contacts I was missing seem to be there.

Looks like I wiped out a lot of people though (those with phone number attached I imagine)

But I kind of fixed so thanks for that!

Edit: by the way Im the same user than above but this time I had to log in to post, couldn't find a way to do so as a guest.

If you have no objections, you might want to look at shifting them to Google contacts. This way, at least when you change devices, there is no worry about transferring them.

Also, if you'd like, you can say hello to the rest of the community here: Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    04-20-2016 09:19 AM
    If you have no objections, you might want to look at shifting them to Google contacts. This way, at least when you change devices, there is no worry about transferring them.

Also, if you'd like, you can say hello to the rest of the community here: Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    I´ll see if I can shift them, otherwise I´ll ask again for help
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    04-20-2016 09:21 AM
    it will be on your Google account . Open up your Google account on browser, where you can see contacts
    04-20-2016 10:10 AM