Can I block an automated e-mail from texting me?

A

AC Question

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge after having mostly Apple products. When I switched, I got a new number. The previous owner of this number was very popular it seems and I get multiple texts/calls for him a day. The texts/calls from real people are fine, I simply send a quick reply that explains that X no longer has this number.

The real issue comes from an email address, "No-Reply@xxxxx.org", I get at least 2 or 3 texts a day from this address mostly saying an event is coming up or a paper X submitted has been approved. (it seems the previous owner is a college student and these texts are from the college). I could handle the 2-3 texts a day but for some reason all of sudden every text is sending 15 times. My phone just vibrated 45 times in 2 minutes from receiving 3 texts (each repeated 15 times). This needs to stop!

I've tried blocking the address but found no way to do this. I've replied to the text saying "STOP" "UNSUBSCRIBE" and things like that, no luck. I've even tried contacting the company to ask them to take my number off but that's been over a week and no reply.

Do I have any other options?

(also, I'm with Verizon if that matters)