What do i do if Malware in Google play service app and it won't let do a factory reset?

A

AC Question

What do i do if Malware in Google play service app and I have disabled & force stopped it, I then go to do factory reset and before it's done Google play service is back on it and saves most of the data I said not to save? Then I go to settings then apps it says it's running then go to all apps and it says it's disabled & forced stop but all the data I deleted off of it is back on it.. When I try to disable it again it tells me I can't because it is an administrator.. What do I do?
Samsung galaxy s5

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
What do i do if Malware in Google play service app and I have disabled & force stopped it, I then go to do factory reset and before it's done Google play service is back on it and saves most of the data I said not to save? Then I go to settings then apps it says it's running then go to all apps and it says it's disabled & forced stop but all the data I deleted off of it is back on it.. When I try to disable it again it tells me I can't because it is an administrator.. What do I do?
Samsung galaxy s5

Welcome to Android Central!

I would try booting in to recovery and doing a factory reset through the recovery menu. The instructions below will show you how to get to recovery. Instead of wiping the cache partition do a factory rest.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10683

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Why do you think you have malware in Google Play Services? It's an integral part of the Google ecosystem, so after a factory reset, it will always show up.