Can play AVI on Galaxy S4 and Note 4 but not when transferred to PC

A

AC Question

Hi guys,

This has stumped me. I have some .avi files on my Galaxy S4 which play fine (both in video player and in VLC). I can transfer them to my Galaxy Note 4 via Bluetooth and they play fine (both in video player and in VLC). But when I try to copy them to my PC (windows 10) they do not work (in video or VLC). I also cannot copy them directly from the S4 to the Note 4 - they will not play on the Note 4.

When copied across to the PC they are showing as being of 0:00.00 duration but the files have size (e.g. from 700mb to 1.5gb).

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks guys.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

This has stumped me. I have some .avi files on my Galaxy S4 which play fine (both in video player and in VLC). I can transfer them to my Galaxy Note 4 via Bluetooth and they play fine (both in video player and in VLC). But when I try to copy them to my PC (windows 10) they do not work (in video or VLC). I also cannot copy them directly from the S4 to the Note 4 - they will not play on the Note 4.

When copied across to the PC they are showing as being of 0:00.00 duration but the files have size (e.g. from 700mb to 1.5gb).

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks guys.

Welcome to Android Central!

Are they slow motion videos?