I've been having issues with my Nexus 9 (WiFi version) since the April security OTA. I've never messed around with flashing images or even side loading for that matter.

On reboot, I started to see an error stating "Your device is corrupt. It can’t be trusted and may not work properly."

On bootup I also get: There's an internal problem with your device contact you manufacturer for details.

A bit of searching around (and the timing relative to April update) made this appear to be a software issue. I mostly ignored it for a week since I was in the middle of reading an ebook on it.

A few days later, I started getting pretty regular errors for Google Play services. I figured it was time to try to wipe it and start from a fresh image.

However on reboot, I still get the same error at bootup and when it takes me to the activate screen I get a message saying "There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details".

After hitting OK to that, I get a few pop ups about Bluetooth share services failing.

When I try to proceed to setup the tablet with my google account, it hangs on the Checking Connection screen. I left it that way for 30 minutes and nothing.

A quick google search later, and I had rebooted into recovery mode and tried clearing the cache. No luck.

Prior to all of this, my device was successfully connected to my wi-fi. Nothing has changed with the wifi, only the device. I found a suggestion of using tethering on my phone, that still hangs.

While I was recovery mode I noticed it was on what I presume was the March update's build: MMB29V not April.

So I tried to use adb sideload with MMB29V (6.0.1) To MOB30D (6.0.1). It got to the point that it said it was at 47% on my PC, and the tablet was "patching after verification". It sat there for about 90 minutes with no change that I could tell, so I rebooted it.

At this point I'm not sure if I screwed it up further. It appears to still be on MMB29V.

I wanted to try to do a brand new factory image of MOB30D, but I can't:

1) unlock the bootloader without:
    2) enabling developer mode, which I can't do without:
    3) logging into my tablet with my google account. which I can't do because:
    4) I can't get past wifi Connection checking.

So I'm stuck at this point, and I have no idea how to proceed. I assume for security reasons there is no way unlock the bootloader without first enabling it through developer mode?

Am I being too impatient? Is there something else I can try?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    04-22-2016 05:20 PM
    Hi There!

If possible, I would recommend going to Sammobile.com....find you original OEM software, and Flash it using Odin.

Chris
    Degener84u likes this.
    04-22-2016 05:33 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but Sammobile looks to just be for Samsung devices. It looks like Odin is also for flashing Samsung images. The Nexus 9 was made by HTC.

Unless I'm missing something?
    Degener84u likes this.
    04-22-2016 05:38 PM
    So sorry....I see. But I would think you should be able to flash your OEM software. I apoloize....I'm so used to dealing with Samsung devices. Lets see if we have any other suggestions popping in here.

Chris
    Degener84u likes this.
    04-22-2016 05:59 PM
    04-22-2016 06:00 PM
    So sorry....I see. But I would think you should be able to flash your OEM software. I apoloize....I'm so used to dealing with Samsung devices. Lets see if we have any other suggestions popping in here.

Chris
    No problem.

I hadn't found that page before, not. Thanks for the suggestion.

It looks like the same as the standard nexus flashing instructions(https://developers.google.com/androi...s#instructions) though. And that requires an unlocked bootloader. And as I mentioned in my original post, I'm unable to do because I can't get past the checking wifi connection screen.

So really I think I need to see if I can find away around/past my wifi connection checking problem before I can try to flash a new image.
    H3aTeRzz and Degener84u like this.
    04-22-2016 06:09 PM
    I was able to get my tablet working again, but I'm now running the Android N beta. In theory I'm supposed to get another OTA at some point to downgrade back to Marshmallow, but I'm still waiting on that. Worse case, at least I can use my device again. Certainly better than the paperweight I had prior.

In case this happens to anyone else (it seems like a few people have had this issue with the April Security update), this was the thread I found on how to fix it: https://productforums.google.com/d/m...0/7mqPCgWaAwAJ

YMMV, but it certainly helped me out.
    H3aTeRzz and Degener84u like this.
    04-24-2016 10:09 AM