I am taking the overnight ferry from UK to France next week. Will the phone automatically advance one hour on arrival? I need to know what time to set the alarm to so that I wake up!!
    04-23-2016 12:02 PM
    Hello. Interesting one. I wouldn't leave it to change automatically with the network in Date and Time settings, though I am 98% certain it would change to French time before arrival.
    I would turn off Automatic Date and Time plus Automatic Time Zone (both network dependent) and leave it on GMT until after you dock so you know the alarm will work.

When I was on Vodafone about 10 years ago I used to go regularly to Swanage (west* of Bournemouth / Poole / Isle of Wight) where most accommodation is up a steep hill, and my phone would urge me to switch network to Vodafone FR to avail of the best rates and signal, i. e. it thought I was in France.

Someone will have more knowledge/experience or a better idea.
    With luck it might be a very rough crossing....

Motorola X Style :
    Attached Thumbnails Will my Moto E advance 1 hour when arriving in France?-9571.jpg  
    04-23-2016 03:37 PM
    Automatic time, date and timezone should show you the time and date of the tower you're connected to, so unless the carrier has a problem, it should work.
    sfoLAX likes this.
    04-24-2016 05:54 PM