I recently checked my power manager to see what is causing my battery to drain so much and I found out it's an app called "system UI" with a lollipop app logo. I'm not much of a tech guy but I didn't even know my phone had lollipop. I open it up and I start reading the permissions: "access your identity, read your contacts, take pictures and video without consent, disable alarms, edit SDcard, enable Bluetooth, etc." The list goes on. I kind of want to uninstall it because it seems like an instructive app... but like I said, I'm not much of a tech guy. For all I know it could be the operating system and it's just telling me what I can do.

Let me know if I just answered my own question.
    04-24-2016 08:26 AM
    Welcome to the forums! The System UI is a system process responsible for the soft keys, notifications tray and much more. Don't worry about it, leave it as it is.
    Welcome to the forums! The System UI is a system process responsible for the soft keys, notifications tray and much more. Don't worry about it, leave it as it is.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    04-24-2016 09:19 AM
    The UI causing a lot of battery drain may be a problem. I would charge it up all the way, and use it like you normally would for a few hours. If that is still at the top of the list, try a reboot.

But like Javier said, the UI is not a virus.
    04-24-2016 09:22 AM
    The UI causing a lot of battery drain may be a problem. I would charge it up all the way, and use it like you normally would for a few hours. If that is still at the top of the list, try a reboot.

But like Javier said, the UI is not a virus.
    Hi I was having the same problem, and my phone said that its a malware since I have a security anti virus checker it told me so it has me worried. I don't know if I should uninstall it since its a pre-uninstalled app. I really don't want any viruses on my phone. Plus if I do uninstall it, would my phone give me trouble?
    Thanks!
    05-31-2016 09:10 AM
    Hi I was having the same problem, and my phone said that its a malware since I have a security anti virus checker it told me so it has me worried. I don't know if I should uninstall it since its a pre-uninstalled app. I really don't want any viruses on my phone. Plus if I do uninstall it, would my phone give me trouble?
    Thanks!
    Welcome to the forums. Your phone said the UI was a virus? If so, I would either ignore it, or uninstall that particular app. Viruses are very difficult to get on Android.
    05-31-2016 09:12 AM
    I recently checked my power manager to see what is causing my battery to drain so much and I found out it's an app called "system UI" with a lollipop app logo. I'm not much of a tech guy but I didn't even know my phone had lollipop. I open it up and I start reading the permissions: "access your identity, read your contacts, take pictures and video without consent, disable alarms, edit SDcard, enable Bluetooth, etc." The list goes on. I kind of want to uninstall it because it seems like an instructive app... but like I said, I'm not much of a tech guy. For all I know it could be the operating system and it's just telling me what I can do.

Let me know if I just answered my own question.
    I have the same problem it a purple and says lollipop system ui I was wondering how to get rid of it wasn't on my phone before plz help me get rid of it I tryed to force stop it nothing and clear the cache but nothing iam at a loss whatn is it and how do I get rid of it
    09-19-2016 05:20 AM
    You need that system file for your phone to work
    09-19-2016 05:50 AM
    My phone has recently gone on safe mode and when i try to turn it off it doesnt work it stays on i have restarted my phone a bunch too. When i hold down on the safe mode notification it opens the app info for lollipop system ui and it wont let me force it to stop. What do i do i cant use most of the apps on my phone with safe mode on
    10-02-2016 03:51 PM
    I have an Android tablet & have had all these same problems & then some for several months. I just found what appears to be a very simple & easy solution for tablets & phones at the following address:

How to remove virus from Android phone or tablet | How to avoid Android malware - How-To - PC Advisor

I don't recall downloading anything that wasn't in Google Playstore so perhaps it's one of those apps that's deeply embedded with a virus. Now to identify which app I need to get rid of.

I hope this is helpful!
    10-29-2016 08:36 PM