My son gave me his phone. Every time I send a message or make a phone call, people think that its my son calling. How do I change my phone to reflect that its me and not my son?
    04-24-2016 02:24 PM
    Hello. Is it a temporary loan?
    Has your son changed his sim card and changed his number. Are these regular calls and text messages?
    There is an option with recent Android versions to switch user from one Google account to another, but if people are receiving calls and texts from his old number, you either have to change to another sim plan and number, or if there's life left in the sim contract you want to use up, all you both can do is alert his contacts that he's changed his number. Recipients phones compare the incoming call or text's phone number with the name associated with it in their contacts.

I would get another sim (check out some price plans), factory reset the device in Settings, and start again with your own Google account.

Please register a username to respond here if we don't understand correctly.
    04-24-2016 03:37 PM
    It depends on who you are calling. If you are making a phone call, the person you're calling will see the number... If that number is saved in their contacts as your son, that's who they'll see. Same goes for SMS messages, which get sent from your number as well.

So either you go to your carrier and get yourself a new number, you'll have to ask everyone to change their contacts from your son to you.
    sfoLAX likes this.
    04-24-2016 03:37 PM