My phone won't charge after I dropped it in the toilet, samsung S5

A

AC Question

May I just point out before anyone tells me the S5 is waterproof, my phone was waterproof but the flap you shut when you've charged your phone to prevent water and dust damage broke off a while ago so the USB charger hole is always exposed.

I stupidly dropped my phone in the toilet yesterday afternoon. After drying it off I found it still worked which was a relief, although when It came to charge my phone, it wouldn't pick up that a charger had been connected. After taking the phone apart I found it was very damp with water so I put it in a bowl of rice and left it to dry overnight.
How long should I keep it in the bowl for before I can take it out & test it? Also if the rice trick doesn't work, how much is it going to cost me to get it repaired.

Thanks in advance

Bioshock123

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
May I just point out before anyone tells me the S5 is waterproof, my phone was waterproof but the flap you shut when you've charged your phone to prevent water and dust damage broke off a while ago so the USB charger hole is always exposed.

I stupidly dropped my phone in the toilet yesterday afternoon. After drying it off I found it still worked which was a relief, although when It came to charge my phone, it wouldn't pick up that a charger had been connected. After taking the phone apart I found it was very damp with water so I put it in a bowl of rice and left it to dry overnight.
How long should I keep it in the bowl for before I can take it out & test it? Also if the rice trick doesn't work, how much is it going to cost me to get it repaired.

Thanks in advance

My other half ladies and gentleman... Please discuss.