Ever since I upgraded my Note 4 to Marshmallow a few weeks ago, my battery life has been better and it's been stellar when the phone is in power saving mode. Unfortunately, when it's in power saving mode, it also seems to block any music streaming service (I've experienced it with Milk Music, Pandora, and Google Play Music) from streaming in the background. I understand the purpose of power saving mode and love that it blocks most background data, but the fact that I can't stream music while in power saving mode with the screen off defeats most of the purpose of having a power saving mode.

I've noticed a forum of S7 users with the same issue. Is this an Android 6.0 issue or just Samsung's implementation of it?
    dhaag23 likes this.
    04-25-2016 11:09 AM
    Hi, surely the whole idea of power saving mode is to save that last bit of battery before your phone dies? steaming music takes a big chunk out of the battery so that's why the feature is disabled.
    05-05-2016 03:16 AM
    Uh, you got it in reverse. Allowing streaming in power saving mode defeats the purpose of power saving mode.

You're supposed to be saving power, not using the most battery hungry function of the phone.
    05-05-2016 05:11 AM
    This is a "feature" of Android 6.0. On previous versions audio would continue to play. Disappointing as I'm sure turning off audio isn't the sole thing power saving mode does.
    05-10-2016 04:08 PM
    I beg to differ with the respondents. If you start music playing back, you probably want it to continue playing if you lock your screen. This is different from background updates that happen but are never visible, so can be deferred till the user comes back to the phone.
    06-20-2016 01:47 PM