These two introductions to Android Lollipop are extremely annoying! Why can't I turn them off?

First of all, I understand how the "reset after 10 attempts" thing works, but it requires me to basically store my phone in a safe so nobody can touch it. Otherwise it's always at risk for complete deletion. That's not smart and I don't want it. People with kids understand how dangerous this is. If a toddler grabs the phone and swipes it for a few seconds, a hardware reset can be triggered in less than 15 seconds! Not smart.

So I can't turn that setting off but I can disable the lock screen. Let's say I do that. Well the annoying thing now is that every time I get a notification, the screen turns on and it's possible to hit buttons and mess things up. Why can't I turn this off!!!? Now with the lock screen disabled, the screen randomly activates throughout the day (in a pocket, on a table, in the car)... and if something bumps it, settings start to change, apps open, calls are made. This is not smart design.

After the upgrade I'm basically left with a phone with no lock screen (had to turn it off) and no notifications (had to turn them all off).

It's like these "upgrades" were designed by 13 year olds who don't live in the real world.

Any help?
    04-25-2016 03:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try Touch Lock (although it seems to be designed more to allow kids to use certain apps without being able to control anything else).
    04-26-2016 05:51 PM