Hello, I was wanting to ask a question about tethering your mobile data so another mobile could use it.
    Do you receive any information from the other mobile using your data if so what information?
    Also I would like to know if it is possible that the recieving mobile was 20+ miles away from the mobile giving the Internet data, could the recieving mobile still get the Internet from the mobile giving?
    Thanks
    04-26-2016 08:34 AM
    Thank you very much for answering my question. I don't have a wide knowledge of this but because it is a WiFi source when the recieving mobile is using the giving mobiles data, the apps and Internet sites the recieving mobile uses would not come up on the giving mobile like a mirrored screen?
    Hi Thanks for registering. You figured that out

Meanwhile I answered here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=672438

Any questions come back.

I would probably direct you to someone or another forum section though as I think I had heard of simpler ways or apps to achieve what you want.

I just had verbal diarrhoea and don't know too much
    Hello. You can tether a phone in the sense you can turn it in to a wifi source for a pc (via usb also) another phone or a tablet.
    Being able to do so depends on your carrier / network including a Hotspot / Tethering data allowance in your plan, so it's not metered from your regular data allowance. Some carrier branded devices add their own hotspot app, where unlocked phones have a switch built in to Settings.

So from 20 miles that wouldn't work as the phone just becomes a wifi device, though still fully useable.

Speak to your carrier about what they can do for you with adding a separate wifi device with data for your other location.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-26-2016 08:45 AM
    Thank you very much for answering my question. I don't have a wide knowledge of this but because it is a WiFi source when the recieving mobile is using the giving mobiles data, the apps and Internet sites the recieving mobile uses would not come up on the giving mobile like a mirrored screen?
    04-26-2016 09:50 AM
    Hi Thanks for registering. You figured that out

Meanwhile I answered here.

Can I get some more info?

Any questions come back.

I would probably direct you to someone or another forum section though as I think I had heard of simpler ways or apps to achieve what you want.

I just had verbal diarrhoea and don't know too much
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-26-2016 10:05 AM
    Copied from your other thread in case you missed the link here:

"Because it's a wifi device as such, the other receiving device doesn't have to be on the same Google account. If it is, and it's allowed (I have two phones with one account), you don't necessarily need or want the same apps on both.
    Some apps from the Play Store sync manually in Settings (note apps for example) others Calendar, Contacts, Gmail, Maps will sync if allowed over wifi though you can turn this off in Settings - Accounts - Google.
    Samsung have another cloud account for some apps on their devices, other manufacturers too, and they have a pc suite for syncing and copying media on a computer.

So no, they wouldn't mirror each other automatically, even on the same Google account. I hope that helps a little.
    It was trial and error for a lot of us.

If you just wanted another device to run the same as the first and thought tethering would do it, you can still pretty much achieve that if the 2nd device has access to data or wifi."
    04-26-2016 04:06 PM