Why do my miscellaneous files take up 3.5 gb but when i look the miscellaneous files empty?

A

AC Question

So my samsung galaxy core prime tells me that my storage space is running low so I click on the warnining and it takes me to the storage page in settings.
When I look at what is taking up so much memory the miscellaneous files are taking up almost half of the storage space, (The phone has a max capacity of 8.0 gb) but when I open up the miscellaneous files it lists only 40.0 kb of data! Even when I delete the files and restart my device it keeps all 3.5 empty gigabytes. Help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The files accounting for the space being used as misc may not be files only located in a folder named misc. This can be misleading. Misc files could appear almost anywhere including temp folders and misc app content folders. The easiest thing to do would be to find a quality cache cleaner from the Play Store and step by step it thru the process to free as much space as possible from your device. There are also several guides out there for increasing your storage safely, and many of them can be found here at AC from the search bar. I would caution against any memory saver apps as that is a different type of memory and they typically aren't worth it, and I'd also caution against automated apps for managing memory. Some, not all, of these files that you will come across may have some value to you and an automated app will take nothing into consideration.

VidJunky posted via the HTC M9

Dataman584

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply VidJunky. I dont have any room left between the OS and miscelaneous for a cache cleaner so i'll look into the step by step guides you spoke of here at AC thanks again for your imput it was very helpful.
(I posted the question before i logged in.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22