Network Access Denied

A

AC Question

I have P8 lite,and it was working good till yesterday but in today morning it is not connecting to my Wifi,error is 'Network Access Denied'..but if it get close to my Router less then 1 meter its connected and if i go far from Router again it is given same error. Plz help mw out this.
Thanks in Advance

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Try unplugging your wifi router, from the wall outlet. wait 10 seconds, plug back in, and try again. Next, on your device (not familiar with P8) See if there is a Wipe Cache Partition, option, in Recovery. Do this.

You can also look into resetting your router (factory reset) and also your P8. Hopefully you won't need to get this far.

Chris

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So you did a factory reset of your device and router and this still didn't help? There's really nothing else to do sir/ma'am. You'll probably need to have your phone serviced.

Only other thing I can suggest....is to try another person's device on your wifi, see if the other device has the same issue, this will at least rule out your router being the problem.

Chris

andreasandreas

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
Re: Network Access Denied huawei nova or android

we had the same problem
in our case huawei nova on fritzbox 7580
option for wlan standby always was on.
it would be denied wifi access on wlan. entering correct wlan key would not make any difference , nor restarting phone.
what worked as a immediate fix was restarting the router (power off)
i did not try any factory resets cause they would seem nonsensical.
however, the problem recurred, eventually every day.
by trial and error i saw encryption setting on router was set to wpa2/ccmp
i chancen that to wpa/wpa2. since then the problem did not recur.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem, only working when you're near the router, can be either a bad wifi adapter (or antenna connection) in the phone, or a bad wifi transceiver (or antenna connection or antenna) in the router.

If other devices connect from 50-100 feet away, it's the phone., If no device connects unless it's close to the router, but they connect to other routers from a distance, it's the router.

It usually doesn't pay to repair the router - most homes aren't large enough to need more than a cheap 150mbps router, and most people don't have enough devices connected to the router to need more than that. (The Netgear WNR 2000 is only about $40-$50, and the repair is going to be more than that.)

If it's a problem with the phone, it probably means a motherboard replacement (unless the antenna connector just got unplugged), then you have to compare the repair cost to the cost of replacing the phone. A fairly new flagship phone is worth repairing, an4 year old cheapie isn't.

Andreas, your problem didn't involve how close the phone was to the router, so it's a completely different kind of problem.