My tmobile galaxy s5 is 1yr and 8 days old and my speaker stopped working. Samsung says it's under their warranty still and is sending me a mailing label to send it in for warranty repair. What happens when they see that it's rooted? The software is fine, I believe they just need to replace the speaker. The phone was actually dropped in the toilet a couple months ago (still suffering ptsd from that haha). However, it shows no signs of water damage, as the two moisture stickers are still white, but I assume the speaker was damaged from that.

Would you still send it in, or replace the speaker yourself? I've seen a teardown video and it is doable. I'm fairly handy person and have the tools.
    04-29-2016 07:25 AM
    If they see that it's rooted they may just send it back to you since the warranty is voided.

When I used to work at Best Buy, the Samsung reps wouldn't even touch a rooted phone.
    If they see that it's rooted they may just send it back to you since the warranty is voided.

When I used to work at Best Buy, the Samsung reps wouldn't even touch a rooted phone.
    04-29-2016 08:03 AM
    is it...??
    i don't think so...
    it just an hardware problem... the rooted issue only affect in software repair
    04-30-2016 12:41 AM