Hi!
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 (running Android 6.0.1) and a OnePlus 2 (running Android 5.1.1 / OxygenOS 2.2.1 - both are there when I check the OS version :S).

When I'm using the keyboard on both of them, the keyboard jumps back to the 'regular' letters-keyboard from the 'symbols' keyboard when I press space. I'd very much like this disabled, as it annoys the bleep out of me.
    It began on the SGS6 after updating to version 6.0.1, but have been doing so on the OP2 ever since I got it .

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated!
    If there's no fix for the 'stock' keyboard apps, any keyboard app that I can install that does not do this, or allows me to choose for myself would be fantastic; especially if it's one that has a separate line for numbers like the Samsung one.
    I don't mind if I have to pay for the app either.

Thank you in advance!
    04-30-2016 01:36 PM
    Welcome to the forums! There are a few keyboards that let you have a number row. My first choice would be SwiftKey.
    Attached Thumbnails How do I make the keyboard stay on the 'Symbol-selection' keyboard after pressing Space?-1462045459386.jpg  
    04-30-2016 02:45 PM
    Swiftkey's decent, but 1) there's still added a space after a symbol like a comma or period, 2) the symbols keyboards are entirely different than what I am used to, and 3) the dictionary/autocomplete is huge and bulky, and I don't use that function.

If I root my devices, can I tell the stock keyboards to not do the auto-switching back to the regular keyboard from the symbols one, when I've pressed the space key?
    05-02-2016 05:03 PM
    I don't think that root will help you with that and I don't know of any third party keyboard that checks all your five conditions. SwiftKey is the closest I know (number row and stays on symbols /numbers after space). About 3) you can always clear data for SwiftKey in settings - apps whenever you want to keep it under control.
    05-02-2016 05:42 PM