Android device manager erase mobile

A

AC Question

My phone got stolen then I went to the android device manager, tried to locate my mobile, but cannot locate, then I clicked on erase, then it prompted that the phone will be factory reset upon log-in. when I tried to locate it again, it said, Factory Reset April 30, 2016. But don't recall setting up my phone (Samsung Note 2) for the Android device manager. Does it mean that the factory reset was successful? Does the apps, locked notes, & contacts be erased with the factory reset?

Hope you guys can help me with this...Just too paranoid.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, once it's reset all data will be erased. If the thief didn't get to it first of course. It may have been the thief that did the reset so he can use/sell the phone... if you have the imei number you can report to network or samsung and the phone will get blocked off someone puts a sim in it...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I believe all Android phones come with Android Device Manager set as a Device Administrator (in the Settings>Security>Device Administrators menu), which means they're ready to be remotely erased or locked by Android Device Manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21