Problem with HTC Backup. Incorrect cloud account?

A

AC Question

Hello,
So a few days ago, My HTC One M8 decided to randomly reboot itself. When it restarted it went through the whole optimizing each app (which was weird) and then loaded the home screen. But now most of my stuff has reset itself! I was logged out of every app I am normally automatically logged into. All my photos are still there and text messages. But I have lost every single person in my contact book and call log history! This is what I would like to get back.
I made a backup a couple months ago using HTC Backup. This is what happens when I try to restore the backup:
Apps>HTC Backup>Restore from backup>Checking for saved backup>
Then it finds the backup on Google Drive (G*******A@gmail.com) So I select the HTC (This Phone) backup and click next>
Then it saids setting up accounts>Choose an account>G*******A@gmail.com>
Then I get the following error message
"Incorrect cloud storage account"
"Please sign in with the cloud storage account for the selected backup"

Can someone please help? I have opened the Drive app and logged into my account and tried again but still nothing. I assume this problem is arising because of the Drive app or the HTC backup app resetting itself. But I really need my contacts back!

I am running Android 6.0. Not rooted.

Things I have tried to restore my contacts:
Wondershare Dr.Fone
Resyncing contacts on my Gmail, Hotmail etc. (but i never saved them to those)
HTC Phonebook>Contacts to display>All contacts

None of these have worked.

Thanks in advance!

kaotik123

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Ok well seems like I still should have access to the HTC restore function just not the backup function with Android 6.0.

Does anyone know how to help me restore from the back up?

Thanks

DroidLyf

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so this EXACT issue happened to me as well. April 30th, myM8 crashed while watching youtube, then rebooted. My icons and wallpapers are all the same, but logged out of every app, all on-phone app data lost, ringtones and sounds reset, and no contacts at all, despite them being all on my google account. Oh and all the sprint bloatware re-installed itself. It says I'm logged into google, but then backup isn't working, the same "incorrect cloud account" issue.

Waiting on a solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1