Got a s7 edge and ive got a problem with the gallery. Its a bit random but when i browse my gallery it will freeze and come up with an error along the lines of "gallery has stopped responding" etc. Ive got the lastest updates etc and nothing has fixed the issue. My photos are on a SD card with plenty of room and it has been formatted. What do i do?
    05-02-2016 06:36 AM
    Hi

Its a good possibility that it was the update that caused this issue, as I've seen this problem occur, many times since the MM update. Below are 3 suggestions, do the first 2 for sure, and if they don't work to solve your issue, move to the hated step 3.

1. Goto Application Manager> Scroll over to ALL> Scroll down to Gallery> Clear Cache.
    2. Enter recovery, and wipe Cache Partition (no data loss or setting affected).

3. LAST RESORT!! Full factory reset. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE, THIS WILL RESET AS NEW!

Hope this helps!

Chris
    First, try Settings, Apps, All, Gallery, select Clear Cache, then Power Off and Restart the phone.
    If no go, get back to us right here.
    05-02-2016 07:49 AM
    Hi

Its a good possibility that it was the update that caused this issue, as I've seen this problem occur, many times since the MM update. Below are 3 suggestions, do the first 2 for sure, and if they don't work to solve your issue, move to the hated step 3.

1. Goto Application Manager> Scroll over to ALL> Scroll down to Gallery> Clear Cache.
    2. Enter recovery, and wipe Cache Partition (no data loss or setting affected).

3. LAST RESORT!! Full factory reset. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE, THIS WILL RESET AS NEW!

Hope this helps!

Chris
    05-02-2016 07:56 AM