When did android 4.4 become a trademark?

A

AC Question

Hi all in 2013 i sold some 7" pc tablets and some of them had android start up logo on the strart up screen.
I had a visit from trading standards as they told me that i cant sell tablets with the android word or logo on them anymore.
I told them that most of my tablets start up as tablet pc not android and they told me that android was made a trademark at the start of 2015 but i sold all my tablets december 2014 so now im wondering if i have actually broke the law or not as when i search the net to see when google was made a trademark i cant find the information anywhere.
I have been told by google i can have the android format on my devices but the load up screen cant start up as android which now i obviously make sure they dont but still want to know if i have actually broken the law in the past or not.
My tablets had android 4.4 on them and i would appreciate any advice anybody could give me on whether or not this was made a trademark before 2015 or are trading standards right?
If trading standards are right and android 4.4 was not made a trademark until early 2015 i will then know i have not broken the law.
Thanks for reading i know its quite confussing but fingers crossed i have nt broken the law.
Thanks Lee.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I am a little confused...I know Google started making OEMs have powered by Android on the boot screen, so Google saying that Android can't be on the start screen (I'm understanding that as the boot screen) makes no sense to me.

Where are you located?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I am a little confused...I know Google started making OEMs have powered by Android on the boot screen, so Google saying that Android can't be on the start screen (I'm understanding that as the boot screen) makes no sense to me.

Where are you located?

It sounds like the OP is not an authorized OEM with license to distribute Android.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The newest (2015) trademark is the new wordmark that first appeared on devices in Q2 of 2015 on Android devices. There has been a trademark on Android since 2006, including the wordmarks and the Android logo (bot).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair