Why am i losing root on mx2

A

AC Question

Hi guys I have an mx2 from doidplayer when I done the ota update and opened SuperSU the first time it said it was succsessfull and indeed I had access to the root folder but the next time I tried SuperSU it said it ''could not install binary this is a problem'' any idea why this happened?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Lots of things could have happened. I would suggest that you unroot completely, by reflashing, if that's possible. Then reroot if you want. But as a rule, unless your particular root said it could.....I WOULD NEVER OTA while rooted, as it can cause bad things to happen, as did with you apparently

Hope this helps!

Chris

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Root is NEVER part of an official update - in fact, the update is supposed to stop around 25-30% if the phone is rooted, and tell you that there was an error with the update. (Updating a phone that has been rooted [even it it's no longer rooted] could brick the phone.)

If it successfully updated the phone, su (the "binary" SuperSU is referring to) was removed, since that's not included in the update. If SuperSU tries to "update" that, it can't - the file's not there to update. (And it's ONLY su that gives you root - SuperSU just controls which programs can get it.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463