I have a 3rd gen Moto G and I've only had it since maybe November. I am no longer receiving phone calls. When i go to lock my phone and then unlock it, it doesn't go to lock screen, it just opens right up and I checked to make sure I didn't have it off and it says that lock screen is on. Also, my home button (or the middle touch button) no longer takes me to the main screen. I have to go into recently opened apps and get to the home screen. I have restarted my phone so many times and nothing is working. I normally don't spend big bucks on phones and I did with this one so if anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated!

-Julie
    05-03-2016 01:18 AM
    I have a 3rd gen Moto G and I've only had it since maybe November. I am no longer receiving phone calls. When i go to lock my phone and then unlock it, it doesn't go to lock screen, it just opens right up and I checked to make sure I didn't have it off and it says that lock screen is on. Also, my home button (or the middle touch button) no longer takes me to the main screen. I have to go into recently opened apps and get to the home screen. I have restarted my phone so many times and nothing is working. I normally don't spend big bucks on phones and I did with this one so if anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated!

-Julie
    Hello. I read this earlier and let's see if I can get the ball rolling for you.
    Did it have a knock, fall or get wet.
    Do you have a new case with a magnetic clasp.
    Did these issues function normally before.
    Are you saying you had/have a pin lock but it opens with a swipe / or the power button and it's still showing a pin/password/pattern lock is set.
    Could someone have accessed it and played with the settings.
    Can you look in Settings - Security - Device Administrators and see if a rogue security /cleaner / ram app has embedded there.
    You could try a safe clearing of the cache partition in Recovery Mode, it's a little long winded in Motorolas and can take 10+ minutes but often helps.
    I have a Moto G 1st generation on 5.1 and a Moto X Pure / Style on 6.0 so settings will be similar.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    05-03-2016 05:52 AM
    05-03-2016 05:58 AM