Hello all,
    I've had my Galaxy since December 2015 and I absolutely love it. Makes my old iPhone look like a child's toy.
    Everything was fine until I updated my OS to Marshmallow (6.0.1) about a month ago. I cannot download anything from the Play store- it says 'downloading' and then just hangs there forever. If i try to download or update multiple apps, it will tell me 'Download Pending' and hang there and do nothing for as long as I keep the phone on.
    Also, YouTube and Google Maps will not work using Wifi, However, if I turn off my wifi and use my mobile data, Play store, Maps, YouTube all seem to work fine.
    I firstly cleared my Apps cache and data from the apps that weren't working, including google services framework, download manager, google play services and play store and restarted. Nothing. I logged out of my google account, deleted it, restarted my phone and logged back in, Nothing. I toggled Airplane mode on and off and still nothing. I forgot my wifi network, did a soft reset of my router then a full reset after that didn't work. I've toggled off my 'Mobile Data' tab and tried downloading but that doesn't help.
    I also Changed my 'locating method' under 'Location' from its default of 'High Accuracy' to 'GPS only' and back. I also tried enabling 'Download Booster'. I then reverted back to an older version of the play store.
    Also, when I try to update or download an app and when it 'hangs' if I restart my phone, as soon as it boots, it installs the app that I last selected to update or download. After I try to update another app, you guessed it, it just hangs there.
    So I took my phone to the Verizon store which I bought it from and I told the salesman whats up. He went to Play Store> Settings> Auto update apps over wifi only. He then updated four apps over their wifi. I went home and it still didn't work. I went to my girlfriends house, connected over her Wifi, and it didnt work.
    My Galaxy was the best phone I've ever owned until I updated the OS. I left Apple forever because this is exactly what would happen with my iphone.
    Thanks in advance.
    05-03-2016 08:08 PM