For some reason, my shortcuts have randomly disappeared twice now. I have added shortcuts to various websites, which makes it much easier to access them, and for some reason they keep disappearing. Very weird and would like to figure out what is causing it.
    05-05-2016 01:11 PM
    I have the same issue just after a recent update that was pushed on my phone. Aldo direct dial and direct message icons dissappear too. US cellular, my provider, tech support was no help. Tried a factory reset and they still dissappear. Samsung S4, Android version 5.0.1 Any help would be greatly speeciated
    05-13-2016 11:52 PM
    Just had this happen today. (Samsung S6 Edge plus android 6.0.1) Had to do a factory reset for other reasons and restored from a previous backup and found icons had disappeared from the screen after some time since reset. Reverted back to default launcher and icons were back. Since I'm running next launcher I figured that maybe the launcher files didnt come across cleanly during restore from back up. Uninstalled next launcher and downloaded again from playstore. So far so good. From what I've read, most of the cases of disappearing icons seem to involve aftermarket/custom launchers. Having said that, my next launcher has been stable up to now and since we're dealing with very complex software which is more prone to glitches. The problem lies partly in the fact that not all software is written on the same platform and compatibility suffers. Not unlike fitting a toyota part to a honda. (Will work but isnt quite right)
    08-19-2016 08:29 AM