My Galaxy S6 is having WiFi issues. Youtube and Play Store mostly, only at home on my network.

A

AC Question

Fully updated S6, connected to a TP Link C3200 that has the latest firmware in it. Youtube will not connect, Play store will not download updates/apps. If I turn wi-fi off, or if I switch to my jetpack, both work flawlessly.

This has been going on for about a month and its driving me nuts. I did a full reset of my phone (not rooted, just back to factory fresh) and also completely reset my router. I'm running 4 channels on it now, a guest at 2.4, a private at 2.4, and then two more privates at 5.0. I can connect to and use just about anything other than youtube or the play store on any network. But to use those two apps, I need to be on wifi, use my jetpack, or as I recently discovered use the DNSset app.

I've confirmed the DNS address in my phone and router are all good. They were the DHCP supplied Time Warner addresses, but I've also tried 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, which made zero difference.

In the house there are other android devices, an S5, an S4, a Note 3 and a couple tablets. None are having any issues.

Help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci