Device not compatible. Not allowing download.

A

AC Question

Hello, my name is Joe, and my entire purpose of getting a tablet was to play games and do social media. I bought an inconia one 8 Acer tablet and when it arrived the first thing I wanted to do was download clash of clans. It said device not compatible, and everything is up to date with Google play. I was told my only other option was to get the android version of the game, but I'm not doing that because it makes things more complicated, and its not a secure download. Do I have any other options? And is it possible to do a return with full refund...but I hate paying for shipping. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What OS version is that tablet running? Google indicates that game requires 4.0.3 and newer. There could also be a hardware requirement which is not met by your device.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The iconia one 8 s should be running 5.1

However it runs on an intel atom processor instead of the usual ARM architecture. A quick google search of the usual devices which uses intel chips, it appears that this is a rather common problem, with CoC having compatibility issues. I suggest returning the tablet and getting one with the more usual ARM based chips, like the Samsung tablets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome