My phone is running really slow and freezing up so the only thing I could think of was to reset it to factory setting but I do not want to delete my pics and music from my phone
    05-07-2016 02:29 AM
    Hello. I am not sure I follow, but if it still works on occasion I would remove any screen lock code, just have Swipe or None, so you can access your files via usb on a pc if you have access to one.
    Your camera photos are in a DCIM folder. Drag those and all other files across. Also sync everything in Accounts settings and use the back up facility.
    If it's running on Android 5.1 or higher factory resetting in Recovery Mode with the buttons will require your Google account again on start up.
    You can reset in the Settings if you have access.
    05-07-2016 04:35 AM
    The main purpose of a factory reset it to delete everything you've added since the phone was new, so doing a factory reset without deleting anything is ... don't do anything.

Back up everything you need (see Backing up an Android Device), do a factory reset, then restore everything. Pictures and music are easy - just drag the folders from the phone to a PC it's plugged into. Drag them back to the phone after the reset. You will lose all your installed apps. messages, etc. Read the guide.
    05-07-2016 06:15 PM