Where have my options gone?

A

AC Question

Hello!

I have a folder on my Home Screen that contains an icon for My Contacts as well as for 3 shortcut icons for my family members. I want to add other more shortcuts for contacts in this folder, but I am now not able to do this.

I select the contact that I want added, I tap on MORE but the "Add shortcut on home screen" option is not there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tim.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Tim, welcome to the forums! What phone do you have and which android version is it running? In general you can add a contact shortcut from the dialer or the Contact app, select one and tap on the three dots top right.

In some phones you need to do so differently. Long press on the homescreen, tap on widgets, search for 'direct dial' or 'contacts', drag it to your homescreen and select.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7/653590-s7-contacts-home-screen.html

7TopCat7

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks go to Javier P for helping me with this problem - your help is appreciated.

I have a Galaxy S6 running Android Version 6.0.1

I resolved the issue by going into Widgets, searched for Contact, then selected the contact that I wanted, then moved this into the folder on the Main Screen.

Thanks again! :)

7TopCat7

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks go to Javier P for helping me with this problem - your help is appreciated. Sorry I have not responded sooner.

I have a Galaxy S6 running Android Version 6.0.1

I resolved the issue by going into Widgets, searched for Contact, then selected the contact that I wanted, then moved this into the folder on the Main Screen.

Thanks again! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech