Should I re-root my Nexus?

A

AC Question

So here's my predicament: I purchased a used Nexus 6. Arrived in the mail, booted up...and it was weird. Apparently it has something called "Chroma", which I had never heard of. I've never had a rooted device before. SuperSU was also installed. I did the "unroot" from SuperSU, and restarted the phone, hoping I would end up back at factory. SuperSU was gone, but Chroma was still there. At this point, I'm not sure what to do. I actually like the rooted device, but more important to me is getting the upgrade to Android 6.0 (running 5.1.1 now). I no longer have root access after unrooting with superSU, and I don't know how to root the phone again, and most guides are assuming the phone is factory, which mine still is not.

Any advice? Is there a way I can start from scratch and get the factory 6.0 rom, then reroot if I want to?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Rooting 5.1.1 on a N6 should be the same, whether the phone is factory or slightly modified - but if it's a custom ROM, your best bet would be to reflash the rooted ROM. And that's the trick - figuring out what's on it. Look at the About Device page. That may give you some clues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax