This is a weird one and the solution seems to be "ditch the wireless charger", but I'm curious to see if anyone else has had the same problem.

I've a Samsung Galaxy S6 which works fine. I've had a wireless charger next to my bed for months and it's never been a problem. Drop it on at night and it's charged by morning.

However, and I *think* since the Marshmallow update a couple of weeks ago, it's now discharging *very* quickly in the morning. I'm talking dropping from 100% to 75% within an hour with little/no usage. If I don't plug it in, it's dead by lunchtime.

The interesting thing is that if I *do* charge it up over the morning using a cable (and it has to be either a cable plugged into the mains or up to/near 100% again, not just a quick 15 mins in the car on the way to work) the charge then lasts ages - it's how it always was.

I checked the last couple of nights by ignoring the wireless charger and just plugging the phone directly into the wall socket and the issue no longer occurs.

So, essentially, my battery discharge speed is dictated by the *method* of charge. Which seems very strange!
    05-07-2016 03:59 PM
    Make sure that you leave the phone on the charger for about half an hour after the phone reaches "100%". Due to the way we have to measure the state of charge of the battery, it's not 100%, and if the wireless charger receiver in the phone is putting out 5.2 or 5.3 Volts, it'll indicate 100% with a lot less charge in the battery.
    05-07-2016 06:06 PM