Hello,
    I have this really slow good for nothing phone. I wanted to convert it into desk dock that basically showed the time, weather and had a few essential apps. I want to leave the phone plugged in all the time and so this desk dock will be up and running on the phone showing the time + weather and these few icons. Which is the best app for that? I did find quite a few time + weather apps but could find any that would let me place apps on it's screen.
    05-07-2016 07:36 PM
    The lock screen has a short timeout but you could disable the lock screen and set display to always on. Put a clock and whether widget on the home screen, use a black wallpaper and remove all app shortcuts. I don't know how warm the phone will get or how much screen burn you will have.
    05-07-2016 09:14 PM
    Which phone is it? Most phones don't have a setting to keep the display always on, unless you access the Developer Options. Go to Settings>About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 times. If Developer Options are possible on your phone, there will now be a new option in your system settings for this. Go there, and look for Stay Awake. This will keep the screen awake as long as it's plugged in.

Some phones also have their own dock mode, and may give you an option to enter it when plugged in.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-08-2016 02:02 AM