Seems that recently the knock on mode of the G4 doesn't respond and I have always been on the phone using the power button on the back. A friend also noticed the same thing on his G4 so appears to be a common issue.
    Any way to find out why it's not working?
    When the screen is on, double tap will turn it off every time so it doesn't seem to be a screen hardware response issue.
    05-08-2016 07:41 AM
    Seems that recently the knock on mode of the G4 doesn't respond and I have always been on the phone using the power button on the back. A friend also noticed the same thing on his G4 so appears to be a common issue.
    When the screen is on, double tap will turn it off every time so it doesn't seem to be a screen hardware response issue.
    That should be, I always have to wake up the phone using the rear button rather than the usual double tap. Maybe it's a feature of the latest update to save power by disabling screen monitoring while it's off-
    05-08-2016 07:50 AM
    I'm having this issue too and it's driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated. Like others, double tap to sleep works without a flaw but double tap to wake basically never works (same with a triple, quadruple, or infinite tap as well).

My memory could be off but I want to say it worked totally fine after the Marshmallow update (better than it had before actually). Then since I sent it in for repair due to bootloop issue, the tap to wake function has become utterly useless.

You're ******* killing me, LG!
    05-10-2016 12:50 PM
    It's mostly a hassle when I have it sitting on the table and it times out, so I have to pick it up to turn on instead of doing the quick tap-tap to wake it.
    05-10-2016 04:54 PM
    Same problem here. Problem started a week ago... Worked perfect before. I first noticed it after a "phone too hot while charging" warning.
    06-23-2016 06:18 AM
    Same problem here. Problem started a week ago... Worked perfect before. I first noticed it after a "phone too hot while charging" warning.
    Tried all sorts of things I found in posts regarding this, including a suggestion from LG to do a factory reset, but it's still not working for me.
    It sometimes wakes up after multiple double tap entries, once it actually woke up 30 seconds after I set it down on the table after I stopped trying, strangely enough.
    LG service said it may require sending it back to them for their technicians to inspect and repair, but that's too much of an interruption to go through for this, and it doesn't seem like it could be a hardware problem since the screen works fine when it's on. I wonder if this develops on most of the G4 phones in use or just a few.
    06-23-2016 06:38 AM
    I tend to think it is a problem with the proximity sensor and the feature that keeps the phone turning on in your pocket. Screen and double tap work perfect when screen is on.
    06-23-2016 07:50 AM
    I have no screen protector, nor do I have a case. Knock on has stopped working. Knock off still works very reliably, but Knock on does not work.

Don't think it's an issue with the proximity sensor. I've tried it on several calls, and the screen reliably dims when I get close to my ear, and lights up as I lower the phone.

Any ideas, anyone? Someone has already stated that a full factory reset didn't help...
    07-12-2016 03:02 PM
    I just found out something that may help others! I just found out that I had battery saver enabled. I guess that disables the sensor that detects the knock on. I disabled the battery saver, and knock-on is working again! I don't remember seeing this in the manual, but, its good to know...
    07-12-2016 03:23 PM