Mary Charge

May 8, 2016
Visit site
works?

Hello. Some small monthly text allowance can come with data only sims.

This sim should not have worked in a phone but it did for a while and you were not charged for calls. This has now been rectified on the carrier end.

No one on Android Central would want to advise you on how to continue to receive services from a carrier you have never and don't wish to continue to pay for.
You are.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Calling got blocked on my data only plan, but texting still works?

You are wrong, I have unlimited texting, I've checked. So your explanation is wrong. Why don't your speak for yourself? Carriers won't sell data only plans because they know that people could use voip apps so they rip you off by charging for texts and calls which don't cost them anything. They're the biggest crooks around, so get off your high horse and go mind your own business.

Hi there. sfoLAX was just trying to help so let's take it down a notch. No reason to tell someone to "go mind your own business" when they're simply trying to help you. Let's be civil here :).

As for your issue -- There really is no way around this except using a VoIP program which you said you have used before. You would have to call them to get your number set back up on a calling plan... Until then it won't allow calls since it is a data only SIM. As to why you can send/receive text messages? Who knows. Maybe a fluke?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Calling got blocked on my data only plan, but texting still works?

Sounds like the best bet would be something along the following:

1. Don't steal service.
2. Buy service from someone, use their SIM
3. Make calls and texts at will, within the terms of your agreement with that someone.

Good luck!