I am upgrading my two-year contract with US Cellular this June. If I got the LG G4 for two years, do you think it would still be reliable in, say, spring of 2018? I think the G4 looks as good, if not better than the G5, and it's WAY cheaper than buying a Galaxy, G5, or iPhone 6s. I'm currently using an iPhone 5c, and my concern is that, like my 5c, the G4 will lag out a lot once it gets "old." However, I was hoping that with its impressive hardware and the fact that it's NOT an iPhone, it will be much more reliable for the long haul. I'm not doing anything crazy with my smartphone, I mostly just use it for Spotify, texting, email, YouTube (occasionally), and social media. I take lots of pictures as well, so the G4's camera also appeals to me. Let me know what y'all think.
    05-08-2016 02:57 PM
    I am upgrading my two-year contract with US Cellular this June. If I got the LG G4 for two years, do you think it would still be reliable in, say, spring of 2018? I think the G4 looks as good, if not better than the G5, and it's WAY cheaper than buying a Galaxy, G5, or iPhone 6s. I'm currently using an iPhone 5c, and my concern is that, like my 5c, the G4 will lag out a lot once it gets "old." However, I was hoping that with its impressive hardware and the fact that it's NOT an iPhone, it will be much more reliable for the long haul. I'm not doing anything crazy with my smartphone, I mostly just use it for Spotify, texting, email, YouTube (occasionally), and social media. I take lots of pictures as well, so the G4's camera also appeals to me. Let me know what y'all think.
    I hate to say it, I loved my G4. Both of them. That's the problem, you can't trust it with the boot loop issue. It's a shame, it's was a great device.

I get the impression you're on a budget. I'm sure there's a flagship from last year that will suit your needs. Perhaps the GS6 Edge. I say that because of the bigger battery. Sadly, I can't recommend the G4, unless someone knows something I don't and LG ironed out the issue. I haven't read anything to that effect.

Also, if you're not on a budget you should check out this year's crop of flagships. In my opinion were made a little leap this year with the Snapdragon 820. My G5 fly's. Super smooth experience.

The Nexus 5X and the Nextbit Robin are always there. Cheers.
    05-08-2016 04:17 PM
    Also, regarding lag, you can always course correct with a factory reset. Just backup, reset then restore. Works like a charm.
    05-08-2016 04:29 PM