How to stop random browser openings

A

AC Question

I have a uHappy 580 which ran fine for the first few months and now it has started to randomly open the browser (In built or downloaded / chrome / fire fox (makes no difference) which then goes on to try to open google play, or google store with a random game or app. This has survived even though I have Avast , Clean Master & CM Security , I have also done a factory reset. Is somthing hard wired or am I missing somthing

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. You have a phone about which there's just about zero information. It's cheap - but that's one of the reasons.

2. Immediately uninstall Clean Master, CM Security and anything else by Cheetah. They don't know how to write Android apps. (No company that writes "RAM cleaning" apps does. RAM isn't supposed to be cleaned in Android, that's a Windows thing.)

3. Try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

4. Is it hard-wired? Who knows? There's not much information about the phone. It shouldn't be. Are you sure you don't have some app trying to download something?

5. Boot into safe mode. (How? Search the web and try the different manufacturers' methods. As I said, there's not much information about that phone.) Safe mode runs the stock apps - it doesn't run anything that's been installed (unless you manually run an app) - so you can see if it's something in the phone or in some app you installed (which I suspect).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699