S7 Edge locking me out for 10 minute periods

A

AC Question

I've had my phone for almost 2 months and everything has been working fine. Today I pulled my phone out of my pocket to send a text and the screen was saying something about only having 2 unlock attempts left before the phone completely reset itself! WTH?!?! On top of that, it had me locked out to the point of having to wait 10 minutes before I could attempt an unlock again. After waiting, I went into settings and disabled the 15 attempts before reset setting. Phone went back in my pocket. An hour or two later I pulled out my phone and again it had me locked out for 10 Minutes (at least it wasn't threating to erase all my data this time).

What the heck is going on? Obviously, it's bumping a button in my pocket and thinking I'm trying to unlock it, but isn't it suppose to know it's upside down/at an odd angle, and in a confined dark space (ie, a Pocket!) so that doesn't happen?

I get that this 10 minute wait period (and the unlock attempts limit) is a security feature, but how do I disable this? Of course, it would be good to have if my phone was stolen, but, in 16 years of owning cell phones, that has never happened to me once. When I pull my phone out, I need it NOW. Any amount of unnecessary wait when I need to use my phone is completely unacceptable.

Any Thoughts