Possible to install Marshmellow on Nokia Lumina 1020

A

AC Question

I own a Nokia Lumina 1020 and my reason for buying it a couple years ago was because of its 41 MP camera.

I was hoping to buy an android phone that can compete with that camera but nothing seems to even want to compete with that sort of camera.

Sadly, hardly any apps exist for Windows phones and I'm hoping to remedy that problem by putting a Android OS on it.

Is this possible?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Nope not possible. Totally different hardware components. You'd need lots of resources for that. Android isn't like Windows which work for any hardware combination. Well it can, but you need to code the drivers for each and every component of the device.

And while I haven't actually seen the 1020's camera, I hope you generally forget about megapixel counts when looking for camera quality. Higher megapixels may be useful when zooming in a lot, but if the quality isn't up to par then it doesn't mean it's better. Case in point would be the cameras on the S7, iPhone 6S, G5, and HTC 10 are all about 12-16mp but they are better than the 22mp camera on the Sony Z4. The 4mp camera on the HTC One M7 was better than the 8mp camera on the Note 2. I'd say you'll be better of just getting an Android phone with a good camera, or just carry around the 1020 as a second device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance