Since my upgrade to Marshmallow, several apps have stopped working or need constant tweaks to work. My battery is draining abnormally fast. I really want to downgrade - this new OS is rubbish!!!! And I thought 5.0 was awful, this is way worse....
    05-09-2016 07:27 AM
    Well you can. It's as simple as using Odin to flash previous ROM. Note that you need to find the exact same build number firmware your phone previously had, otherwise you risk bricking it.
    05-09-2016 07:42 AM
    Fantastic however I have no idea of previous version - do you know a way I can find this out please? I am with Vodafone UK (if that helps)
    I'm sorted with Odin and USB drivers with phone settings done - all connecting but just trying to figure out the versions of OS to choose on SAMMobile....
    05-09-2016 08:01 AM
    I was having performance issues on my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8. I made a back up on Kies, then reset factory settings, then restored the back up and it was all good except for the old whatsapp messages which were all lost. I had some important information on them so I needed the old messages.

I repeated the same process again but after the factory settings reset, and before the restore from Kies, I left the phone for some time so it downloaded the 6.0.1 update. I was about to sleep then I hit install update so by the morning it is ready for the restoration from Kies.

All backup files are still there but the problem is after this update, Kies is not able to restore most of information, including memos (*.nmm file of the regular memos application, not the Samsung notes) which are even much more important to me.
    Plus checklist application with many to do list items that were saved on it.
    plus indeed the whatsapp which is all lost. I am not sure yet what else was lost that I need to restore but I was just shocked to lose all the backup like this. only contacts restored with problems and messages. everything else is gone, like lock screen, desktop, settings, ...etc.

HELP!!!!
    08-01-2016 02:59 AM