Why Is My Phone Not Charging?

A

AC Question

I have owned a Galaxy S6 Edge + since November, 2015. I have never had any issues with the phone. I have not dropped the phone harshly or come in contact with any water. Last night, my phone would not connect to the charger. It kept connecting/disconnecting while sitting on the charger (120 times/minute). The phone vibrates every time this occurs. Finally, the phone stopped and charged for over 4 hours.

Today, at school, my phone sat on my desk and said it was charging/disconnected the entire day. I plugged it up when I got home and the issue is even worse. Please advise -- I would prefer not to do a factory reset.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It sounds actually a charging port issue, not a software issue. Someone could have damaged the port plugging it in or the like. The port replacement unit costs about $3 last time my S3 was repaired. The only issue would be the labor cost if you'd be sending it for repair. However if you're still under warranty, you could probably have the repair done free and just pay for the parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech